We would like to thank the Team at Minima based in the Hockley area of Birmingham City for supporting me as a Birmingham City Independent Artist, by stocking our latest works.
Minima is a very contemporary home furniture and lighting store selling some very stylish and unique pieces. I first went there after Mr Wynters invited me there for a pop-up store he was having at the location.
The Owner and Staff were very friendly and interested in some of the things I was involved in. I felt our book and Shaw Theatre Project would be a suitable product to fit into their line of products.
I can see some pop up events and Collaborations happing in the future. If you are in the City and would like to get a copy of the Lp or Book. Pop into Minima you won’t be disappointed.
‘For those of you that are unaware, the King of the Beats label has released a rare Hip-Hop jam from 1985 on vinyl. What’s special about ut is that it was the first time major Hip-Hop acts from the Bronx, New York shared a stage with some of the best Hip-Hop performers from the UK’s fledgling scene.
As more than a few people have pointed out recently, in my 35+ years doing what i do, I’ve pioneered a few things. Things which were considered ‘game-changers’. Such as;
1) I was the first writer to have a tag that was exclusively calligraphic.
2) I came up with the term ‘Calligraffiti’ in 1983.
3) I was the first writer on this side of the Atlantic to have an aerosol piece on billboards all over the country.
4) In 1994, I wrote, produced, & directed a feature-length documentary on Aerosol Culture called ‘Get The Message’. As far as i know, at that point, no writer had done that (Still I’ll not forget the work of writers like Kilo with his ‘Visual Graffix’ vids that were crucial in documenting the train scene).
5) As far as I know, I’m the first writer to literally spray-paint record covers for an album release. Not have paintings turned into printed covers like what Futura 2000 did for the Celluloid label in the 80′s but literally paint the covers so that each buyer has a piece of my art for themselves.
Swipe through the pics to Check it out.
Huge Thanks to Pritt & Marzena K – @magentadk who took the awesome pics! & Of course the guys at AM Screen Printing in Redditch for use of their space!
I couldn’t have done it without you all!‘